Jobs at Evervault
Sales Development Representative
We’re looking for someone to join as one of our first sales hires.
Evervault is a technology company building the encryption engine for the web, so that developers never touch sensitive data in plaintext and can isolate the code that processes it from the rest of their stack.
Our mission is to encrypt the web; our goal is to end (plaintext) data breaches, and our end-state is everything encrypted everywhere.
We’re looking for someone to join as one of our first sales hires. This person will navigate decision-making hierarchies; find the buyer and champions as soon as possible; articulate the core value proposition of Evervault; handle objections; and position Evervault and deposition alternatives — including identifying 10x features we have that alternatives do not.
The core challenge for this role is simple: How do you develop repeatable strategies for new customer acquisition and retention?
This person will:
You’ll contribute to our sales pipeline end-to-end — including universe construction, outreach, discovery, closing:
- Top-of-funnel: Top-of-funnel constraints should be our only constraints on our growth. You will be responsible for making sure new prospects get into our pipeline.
- Universe construction: Build comprehensive and exhaustive lists of companies that should be using Evervault — starting with a very narrow focus, e.g. companies that process cardholder data
- Outreach: Hone (automated) forms of outreach to maximize response and conversion rates
- Discovery: Develop specific tactics and strategies for closing specific prospects
- Closing: Close companies and get them using Evervault. Work closely with our CEO where closing prospective customers requires it
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can effectively source leads via outbound prospecting
- Can contact prospective new customers across various channels — including cold emails
- Can deal effectively with developers, engineering managers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs
- Will effectively relay feedback to product and engineering teams to allow patterns of feedback to inform our product roadmap
- Understands that early sales does not have the same certainty of quota as sales at established companies, and that energy invested into early sales compounds over time
- Is a real hustler who can develop creative in the ways we reach out to people, and develop repeatable strategies for new customer acquisition
- Has an eagerness to concretely understand Evervault product and services
- Can quickly become proficient with lead generation and CRM tools
- Can establish and track key KPIs
- Will contribute a quantifiable amount of value to growing revenue and increasing LTV of customers
- Is self-motivated and self-organizing
You are the ideal person if you have:
- 1-2+ years experience selling (security) software or developer tools to businesses and organizations of various sizes
- Strong grasp of software and web development
- Superb written and verbal communication skills — and a willingness to write case studies of customers you close
We've designed our hiring process to simulate our day-to-day as much as possible, and to provide you with the opportunity to work with us as much as possible before deciding to join. Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Application: Submit your application including:
- Links to your profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, GitHub)
- LinkedIn profile or CV
- Any additional information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
- Writing samples are always helpful.
- Introduction call: An opportunity for us to get to know you & for you to learn more about Evervault.
- Team call: Chat with a future team-mate about your prior experience and the reality of the role.
- Take-home task: Work on a sample assignment. This helps us get a sense of what it’s like working with each other.
- Presentation: Present your work back to us, and strategise together.
- Founder chat: A call with Shane Curran, Evervault’s founder.
- Offer: We aim to go from introduction call to offer made within two weeks.
At Evervault, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Evervault, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.