Jobs at Evervault
Head of Sales
We’re looking for someone to own the manual recruitment of customers.
Evervault is a technology company building the encryption engine for the web, so that developers never touch sensitive data in plaintext and can isolate the code that processes it from the rest of their stack.
Our mission is to encrypt the web; our goal is to end (plaintext) data breaches, and our end-state is everything encrypted everywhere.
Because our technology is most valuable to companies and organizations, we're looking for someone to own the manual recruitment of customers. This person will navigate decision-making hierarchies; find the buyer and champions as soon as possible; articulate the core value proposition of Evervault; handle objections; and position Evervault and deposition alternatives — including identifying 10x features we have that alternatives do not.
The core challenge for this role is simple: How do you develop repeatable strategies for customer acquisition and retention?
This person will:
You’ll own our sales pipeline end-to-end — including universe construction, outreach, discovery, closing:
- Top-of-funnel: Top-of-funnel constraints should be our only constraints on our growth. You will own both inbound and outbound top-of-funnel.
- Universe construction: Build comprehensive and exhaustive lists of companies that should be using Evervault — starting with a very narrow focus, e.g. companies that process cardholder data
- Outreach: Hone (automated) forms of outreach to maximize response and conversion rates
- Discovery: Develop specific tactics and strategies for closing specific prospects
- Closing: Close companies & organizations and get them using Evervault. Work closely with our CEO where closing prospective customers requires it.
You may be the right person if you:
- Can effectively prospect and qualify leads
- Can deal effectively with developers, engineering managers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs
- Will effectively relay feedback to product and engineering teams to allow patterns of feedback to inform roadmap
- Understand that early sales does not have the same certainty of quota as sales at established companies, and that energy invested into early sales compounds over time
- Are a real hustler who can develop creative ways to reach out to people, and develop repeatable strategies for customer acquisition & retention
- Eagerness to concretely understand Evervault product and services
- Are proficient with lead generation and CRM tools
- Can establish and track the key KPIs
You are the ideal person if you have:
- 5+ years experience selling (security) software or developer tools to businesses and organizations of various sizes
- Strong grasp of software and web development
- Experience drafting and negotiating formal agreements
- The ability to hire and train new sales representatives and account executives
- Superb written and verbal communication skills — and a willingness to write case studies of customers you close
We've designed our hiring process to simulate our day-to-day as much as possible, and to provide you with the opportunity to work with us as much as possible before deciding to join. Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Introduction call: An opportunity for us to get to know you & for you to learn more about Evervault.
- Team call: Chat with a future team-mate about your prior experience and the reality of the role.
- Take-home task: Work on a sample assignment. This helps us get a sense of what it’s like working with each other.
- Presentation: Present your work back to us, and strategise together.
- Founder chat: A call with Shane Curran, Evervault’s founder.
- Offer: We aim to go from introduction call to offer made within two weeks.
At Evervault, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Evervault, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.