Jobs at Evervault
Build the web’s encryption engine.
Evervault is encryption infrastructure for developers. Engineers build out that core infrastructure; as well as design and create products. Our engineers are not just full-stack, but end-to-end. Our engineers help architect products; build them out; and work with our users to integrate them.
We’re hiring engineers and, in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build products across the stack; as well as working with our users to understand and solve their pain points.
We’re recruiting engineers who are generalists and are comfortable shipping across the Evervault stack. We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building distributed systems and networks. Engineers at Evervault are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; have exquisite attention to detail; and are comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain software across Evervault’s codebase.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Enjoy and have experience building distributed systems and/or networks.
- Have 2+ years experience in Software Development.
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Rust and Node.js, built on AWS. However, we don’t expect you to have production experience in that exact stack: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment with people from different backgrounds. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For example, our stack includes Rust and Node.js, built on top of AWS — but very few people would have that exact production experience.
You will work on things like
- The core challenge for us in building encryption infrastructure is simple: How do we design, architect, and implement globally distributed multi-cloud cryptosystems?
- One of the problems we’re solving is how to adaptively prevent data leakage and block HTTP requests to unknown & fraudulent URLs.
- Build a way to allow companies to share and combine datasets via Cages.
- One of our core focuses over time will be ensuring standardized omni-language support.
- How can we build a cohesive ecosystem of integrations so that Evervault is there for developers when they want to encrypt anything, anywhere, anytime?
- Building the infrastructure & tools for ingesting and digesting encrypted data will become increasingly important.
- While we're singularly focused on building distributed cryptosystems based on standardized cryptography, it's inevitable that we'll implement cutting-edge cryptography in the future.
At Evervault, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Evervault, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.
We've designed our hiring process to simulate our day-to-day as much as possible, and to provide you with the opportunity to work with us as much as possible before deciding to join. Here’s what our hiring process looks like for engineers:
- Application: Submit your application including:
- Links to your profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, GitHub)
- A technical project(s) you’re particularly proud of — with some explanation of what it does
- Whatever information you think would be most useful — like a short explanation of your accomplishments & background, what you like to work on, and why you’re excited about joining Evervault.
- Introduction call: An opportunity for us to get to know you & for you to learn more about Evervault.
- Team call: Chat with a future team-mate about your prior experience and the reality of the role.
- Take-home task: A coding task that helps us understand if you can write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Coding call: We’ll do an hour coding call where you’ll extend the take-home task. This helps us see what it’s like working with each other.
- Founder chat: A call with Shane Curran, Evervault’s founder.
- Offer: We aim to go from introduction call to offer made within two weeks.