Jobs at Evervault
Head of Compliance
Encrypt the web (compliantly)
Evervault is a technology company building encryption infrastructure. Our mission is to encrypt the web; our goal is zero data breaches, and our end-state is everything encrypted everywhere. Trust is at the core of our business. We’re hiring a Head of Compliance to lead a critical element of earning trust with developers and customers: security and privacy compliance.
While we have already achieved compliance with Level 1 PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC 2 Type II standards; that’s just the start. We want Evervault to be compliant to the highest regulatory and certification standards across all industries we operate in.
This role will develop, lead, and oversee our compliance programs. This position will be responsible for building out and managing operational processes and programs required to comply with partner requirements.
- Be directly responsible for getting Evervault compliant to the highest standards with minimal distraction
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, regulations and industry standards with a focus on privacy, consumer protection, and intellectual property.
- Inform compliance-related products/features roadmap alongside product teams.
- Advise on all aspects of global data security laws and regulations, including data security and data breach rules
- Management and conduct of internal and external security & privacy audits — including SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, etc.
- Oversee the structuring and build out of our compliance policies and processes, including:developing appropriate policies and procedures for existing and future product developments; working with Evervault’s product team to create appropriate monitoring technology.
- Be the point person for global regulators.
- Ensure compliance of Evervault's products and services.
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- Have at least five years of experience as a compliance officer, senior regulatory lawyer, or equivalent.
- Are great at building relationships and working with people from all parts of the organization to achieve the right business results in a legally compliant way.
- Approach complex compliance problems with an innovative and business solution mindset, and never lose sight of how compliance affects our customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of/interest in privacy regulations e.g. GDPR and the EU Council’s draft bill on encryption
- Understanding with Internet technologies and related policy issues.
- Legal degree
- Experience as a consultant or auditor.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas.
We've designed our hiring process to simulate our day-to-day as much as possible, and to provide you with the opportunity to work with us as much as possible before deciding to join. Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Application: Submit your application including:
- Links to your profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, GitHub)
- LinkedIn profile or CV
- Any additional information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
- Writing samples are always helpful.
- Introduction call: An opportunity for us to get to know you & for you to learn more about Evervault.
- Team call: Chat with a future team-mate about your prior experience and the reality of the role.
- Take-home task: Work on a sample assignment. This helps us get a sense of what it’s like working with each other.
- Presentation: Present your work back to us, and strategise together.
- Founder chat: A call with Shane Curran, Evervault’s founder.
- Offer: We aim to go from introduction call to offer made within two weeks.
At Evervault, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Evervault, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.