Jobs at Evervault
Head of Communications
Tell the web
Evervault is encryption infrastructure for developers. We’re on a mission to encrypt the web; but the web needs to know about Evervault for that to happen. We believe PR is undervalued by most startups and are investing in a comms hire earlier than you’d expect.
The core challenges for this role are simple: How do you build durable relationships with trusted journalists who will champion Evervault’s mission to their audiences, and how do you make Evervault a full-stack media company with its own distribution?
The ideal candidate is rigorous and creative, strategic and hands-on, marrying long-term vision with short-term execution. You’ll be deeply thoughtful about how to shape Evervault's reputation over the next 10 years, whilst managing competing priorities across corporate, product, and brand communications. You’ll be able to communicate effectively across a broad range of audiences, from developers to policymakers.
- Lead Evervault’s communication strategy
- Work closely with Evervault users to help tell their stories
- Engage with the tech community to make Evervault a helpful partner
- Develop and enhance the reputation of leaders so they can tell the Evervault story
- Manage agencies and contractors
- Design and implement PR & communications campaigns end-to-end
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and technology reporters and influencers
- Partner with the broader ecosystem (Entrepreneurs, Think tanks, Governments agencies) to drive positive change for Irish businesses
- Help build our own content engine
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- 6+ years of experience in public relations, preferably in a technology, high-growth and/or VC environments
- Experience working with a wide variety of partners on joint communications efforts
- Relationships with key business and technology reporters, as well as influencers
- A history of creative execution - using novel tactics to advance comms goals
- A rigorous approach to planning, and a keen eye for risk
We've designed our hiring process to simulate our day-to-day as much as possible, and to provide you with the opportunity to work with us as much as possible before deciding to join. Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Application: Submit your application including:
- Links to your profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, GitHub)
- LinkedIn profile or CV
- Any additional information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
- Writing samples are always helpful.
- Introduction call: An opportunity for us to get to know you & for you to learn more about Evervault.
- Team call: Chat with a future team-mate about your prior experience and the reality of the role.
- Take-home task: Work on a sample assignment. This helps us see your comms ability and get a sense of what it’s like working with each other.
- Presentation: Present your work back to us, and strategise together.
- Founder chat: A call with Shane Curran, Evervault’s founder.
- Offer: We aim to go from introduction call to offer made within two weeks.
At Evervault, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Evervault, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.